Thursday, March 5, 2009

Scanning update - Magnum slides to photos

I just spent over an hour rearranging thumbnail photos (that were smaller than my thumbnail) on the Scan Safe website.  I did not arrange them in any order when I mailed them, but they allow editing them (click / drag) online.  It's sort of like that old TV game show "Concentration" where you try to remember a match and where you saw it.  I would have lost.  93 of the 96 slides I sent them were of Magnum related sets including 2  of my old office.  There are some good ones of the guest house and several of Higgin's den, T.C.'s office, Rick's office, a party in front of the Anderson estate, some other rooms from the estate, Tom's boyhood home dining room, the very first set I ever did (!) and many I don't have a clue as to what set they are from.  

It appears that it takes a little longer than Scan Safe estimated (more like 2 months) but the price was cheap (under $50) and the quality looks good.  However, I don't yet have the CD so I'll wait before they get my endorsement or eternal damnation from 36 loyal followers (and myself).  

I gave a few more things to show while waiting so check back soon........

Aloha,  Rick

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your effort in this project Rick. Your time and effort, along with your vast experience are invaluable to us.

Anonymous said...

I agree. I've been following various MPI sites and groups for quite a few years, and yours is one of the most interesting! I've been to the Andersen estate, lived in Nova Scotia (Jesse Stone movies) and share the land of Maine with Tom (he has a small house there), but rarely have I seen something as consistently interesting as your blog. Thanks again for your efforts!

Magnum Decorator said...

Wow, I once shared the Yum Yum Tree restaurant with Tom, but you've shared an entire state! :-) Maybe it's because he developed his career here in Hawaii and not L.A. (where he was rejected twice on The Dating Game). He really was (and I assume still is), a good guy. It's my pleasure to bring some memories and photos from those days and share them with such an appreciative audience! I do appreciate your comments!

Aloha, Rick

Marco said...

Can't await to see those photos! Thanks!!